Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Today We Live

You ever had the right words in your brain but the wrong ones coming out of your mouth. I just had that experience recently. I had my son with me for the day. He and I had some R&R to take care of. I know what your thinking. You and your son were rationalizing and reasoning about what? We were actually resting and relaxing but since that seems so unusual to the neandrathal way of doing things because wer'e so TYPE A. But anywho...

When we got to the park I let him ride his bike. Now this kid is only five but he's going on twenty. He had all the onlookers oggaling him...that is his winny the pooh bike helmet. So man he was a riding and a riding and I was a worrying and a worrying. But not about him to your surprise. Just so happen I was still thinking about the next couple of weeks I have to get this done and I have to get that done and on and on. Finally I notice something strange. I caught a glimpse of a special moment that I almost let by me.

My son was having the time of his life riding his bike and being flirted on by female passerbys that were jogging pass him. Actually they seem to have more of an obsession with winny and just so happens my son and winny were stuck together like two little peas in a pod so he got to ride winny's ticket. My son was having so much fun riding his bike that day and he looked at me and said "Dad I LOVE YOU!"

I grabbed my stress along with anxiety packed their bags and sent them out the door with pride wagging his tail behind. I looked up  into the sky and said later for tomorrow and all it has for me. Today we live! and we did. It was fun. You should do the same. Tomorrow may never come.

No comments: